MyScouting (www.myscouting.org) is the BSA's online training center. Basic Leader Trainings courses, include Youth Protection Training, This is Scoutiing, and some Position Specific Trainings, can be completed online to move you towards Trained Status. You can create a login and use MyScouting system without a Membership ID, but it is best to get your ID number from your Membership Card or by calling the Indian Waters Council.
When you have and put in your ID number it will update your training records with the National Office.
Using MyScouting is easy. All you need is a computer with internet access, an email address.
Creating a MyScouting Account
To create an online MyScouting Account to access trainings and validate your training records, take these steps:
- Browse to www.myscouting.org or click here.
- Click "Create an Account"
- Enter a User Name, following the guidelines on the page
- Click "Check User Name Availibility" to see if anyone else if using that User Name. If it available, click "Next." If it is not available, click "Get New User Name" and try another.
- If you know your Member ID, click "I know my member ID." If you do not have your Member ID number or you are not yet a registeted BSA member, click "I am new and don't know my member ID, or I am not a member." Click here for information on obtaining your Member ID number. Note: If you do not enter your Member ID, your training history will not be connected to your council registration records.
- Enter your profile information on the Registration field and click "Create User."
- Select and answer two security questions and click "Ok" - these are used in case you forget or lose your password.
- Check your email inbox and you should receive an email with a link to MyScouting. Click on this link in the email or copy and paste it into your browser to activate your account. Note: If you cannot find this email, be sure to check your junk email folder.
- Now create a password following the guidelines on the page. Reenter the password to confirm it and click "Create Password."
If You Need Help
There is a frequently asked questions page at MyScouting that addresses many of the questions or issues related to creating and using your MyScouting account: click here to view this page. If you still need help, please contact the Indian Waters Council at (803)750-9868 during regular business hours or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.